Welcome to Wipeout Central
The encyclopedia about the futuristic racing series that anyone can edit
303 articles since February 2009
Contents (view all pages)
- Wipeout (series) - The critically acclaimed, sci-fi racing series.
- Games - List of all the games in the Wipeout series.
- Teams - List of all the teams in the Wipeout series.
- Weapons - Article of the weapons, and power-ups, from the Wipeout series.
- Game Modes - List of the different game modes featured in the Wipeout series.
- Tracks - List of all the tracks featured in the Wipeout series.
- Cheats - List of cheats to enhance the Wipeout experience.
- Universe - Articles relating to the in-game universe of the Wipeout series.
What's new on Wipeout Central
- 12 November 2012 - Cheats page up
- To save fussing about over the net for cheats, Wipeout Central now has it's own cheat page with cheats from the first 5 games in the series. They can be found under Contents on the main page.
- 23 August 2012 - Wipeout developer closes
- As of the 22nd of August, Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios has closed down Studio Liverpool, bringing to a close 18 years of Wipeout. SL started as Psygnosis in 1984 before being bought by Sony in 1993 (renamed SL in 1999). As well as Wipeout, SL has also created the original Lemmings series, several Formula One games and other games critical to the PlayStation's initial success.
- SL, you will be sorely missed.
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about the wiki on the About page.
- Read the Simplified Ruleset (Guidelines) before any editing.
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Check out Help:Starting this wiki if you're setting up the wiki.
- Adding content
- Every wiki has two list of articles that need starting called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, get in there.
- Alternatively, you can help complete articles in need of cleaning-up. They can be found in the "Cleanup" list.
- Uploading images is another really easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page!
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on the templates project page.
- Talk and more...
- Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback or just to say hi.
Top 10 Lists
Guildelines for editing Wipeout Central
Just now, I have dealt with a editing conflict regarding the integrity of a couple of articles. In the process, I was referred to Wipeout Central's Guidelines.
Myself, I only had a quick look at these guidelines when I was admin and i had no trouble as most contributors have edited in good faith, or had a general understanding from experience. But after this recent issue I must stress that if you're new to this wiki, or editing wikis in general, read these guidelines first.
The guidelines are taken from Wikipedia, so they should be straightforward for anyone getting into wiki editing. I also will be a bit more active to make sure these guidelines are met. I'm pretty lenient when it comes to edits, but don't push it. Any issues will be sorted as soon as possible.
Anyways, happy editing!
Wipeout Central Administrator
11 June 2013
If you still want to contribute a page, click on "Wanted Articles" and have a look which article you want to write, or just edit a page by clicking 'edit' next to the page title.